Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Stand and Sway - SOLD


Stand and Sway
8" x 10", oil


....must ...paint ...greens

I'm trying to develop a taste for the many green, green, greens of summer. My two favorite colors in the world are alizarin crimson and cad. yellow med (think red dogwood, golden grasses, and throw in some snow patches). In other words, I'd rather be painting a fall or late winter scene. So, while I have some free mornings this summer I plan to force myself to confront the greens.

This is from a photo I took in our yard, as you can see we are not too meticulous about weed whacking around the trees. In fact, I have no trouble at all finding interesting weeds and bare patches to add a little flavor to the GREEN.

1 comment:

  1. I love the warm and cool foliage around and behind the tree. The complimentary patches of earth colors popping through and highlight add to a lot of atmosphere and drama. Great job Carrie!

    ReplyDelete