Thursday, March 31, 2011

Winter Shore - SOLD


Winter Shore
6 x 8, oil

I guess I'm still in winter mode, just like our weather around here. Right after my palette knife frenzy last Friday I still had and hour and a half before the school bus, so I did another little painting. This time -without- the palette knife, just so I could make sure I could still use a brush!

I'm sure other artists can relate, but every time I set out to paint something it's like I have to mentally convince myself that I know how to do it. The more time that passes between paintings, the harder it is to believe I might be able to do it. Such a maddening endeavour, painting!

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry Carrie, you know how to paint with a brush or knife, that is for sure!

    This one is very inviting, I like how the snow on the log leads your eye into the picture. Love the gold and reds in the background too. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete