Saturday, March 26, 2011

Field's Edge


Field's Edge
8" x 10", oil

I always struggle with skies so wanted to try something different. This was a first for me, but I got out the palette knife just to do the sky, then something happened and I couldn't put it down! I ended up doing the whole thing with the palette knife since it was so much fun. I'm generally not a big fan of palette knife paintings, they remind me of those big abstract paintings of the 70's that look like they were done with a spackle knife. I now see how it could become really addicting!

3 comments:

  1. The outcome could be addicting too...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it Carrie! I recognize that field and you captured it perfectly with a palette knife...wonderful colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's like the best of both worlds; loose style with sharp edges. Excellent!

    ReplyDelete