Saturday, March 19, 2011

6 months later...

Winter Cut
8 x 10, oil

Finally back with a painting. I'm trying to get myself to paint larger, so that means bigger brushes. I'm pretty hooked on flat brushes now so when I discovered that my large brushes were all filberts I had to get out the scissors. I'm sure this is a big no-no, but it actually worked out OK. I WILL be shopping for some larger brushes tho.

Almost all the snow has melted now, but after a fresh snow this winter I went out to the marsh and took some photos. With the sun low in sky the shadows on the snow get so dramatic. The path through the marsh looked so sharp in the sun, just cuts through the peaceful winter scene.

2 comments:

  1. Carrie, please don't stop painting! What a beautiful pristine snow scene! I hope the snow doesn't melt in your marsh too soon so you can paint another one...can't believe you haven't painted for 6 months!

    I have plenty of large flat brushes that you can borrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! The light in this is painted so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete