Sunday, October 24, 2010

Fall Reboot - SOLD



Just Turned
6 x 8, oil
Sold

My paints sat all summer untouched, so this fall Mom and I took a plein aire class in September. I came away from that with nothing worth posting, but my goal had really just been to paint regardless of the results.

Today was gloomy after a heavy rain and I had planned to paint from a photo, but after spending a 1/2 hour looking at photos and getting a few cropped and ready to print, photoshop crashed on me! I decided then to just head out across the road with my Pochade box and paint something. The field was just turned on Friday, and even with the mud and gloomy sky there are still some nice fall colors out there. Since I feel I'm once again starting over, I kept this one to a very simple palette, just Cobalt Blue, Cad. Red, and Yellow Med.

4 comments:

  1. Very beautiful and loose - one wouldn't guess that you had been away from painting! Good to see you back and keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrie, I love your colors and painterly brushstrokes of the plowed field. You really captured the moody overcast day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can almost smell the freshly turned earth... Wonderful!

    -Don

    ReplyDelete
  4. For a beginner in plein air working, you are unbelievable good!! Beautiful painting which has lots of atmosphere. I will be back!

    ReplyDelete