Saturday, September 12, 2009

Ready For Take Off


Ready For Take Off
10" x 10", oil

This one was a real humbling experience, I struggled mightily. I snapped this pix while on vacation months ago and have been thinking about painting it since. As often happens when I "think" too much on a painting it just turns into a mess. After much scraping I've just gotta call it done.

I do love painting ravens tho, I'm glad I went crazy and took lots of photos of the "friendly" ravens at Petrified National Forest this past spring.

5 comments:

  1. Cool capture with the photo but I love the rendering. It was worth the wait and work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful brushwork! This is really well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the attitude of this raven and how you rendered it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really captured the intense, intelligent look of a raven ready for flight. Love the bold brushwork in the feathers and and soft handling of the distant cliffs. Can't wait to see some more raven paintings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cupcakes are great but this piece is SO good. just a beautiful look in that bird ! Hat's off.....

    ReplyDelete