Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Diana Diversion


Diana
11" x 14", charcoal

Diana pestered me until I did this sketch last night. I gave her some finishing touches this morning so I probably spent about 1-2 hours on her, she could use more time (that I don't have!). My box of charcoals had not been opened for at least a decade, it brought back memories of a figure drawing class I had about 20+ years ago! 

I did this from a poor quality laser print out of nothing other than laziness, which I was kicking myself for later. I suppose it kept me from getting caught up in details tho. I had to cheat a bit by putting a few little marks on the paper for her arms, head and feet from a rough tracing I did. I put it away after that so I wouldn't be tempted to use it again. My drawing skills are rusty and I really need to do more.

I had no business even doing this since I've got a couple of design projects that REALLY need my attention right now, but I didn't want to miss out on another DSFDF!

4 comments:

  1. Yay Carrie! A real professional pushing it out so quickly. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Carrie, you did it after all! What fantastic results you got under just two hours! Your proportions are great and I love the hound, so cute!

    I love your soft handling of the charcoal with just enough detail to create light, shadow and form and the nice feel of marble. You have proven that one never loses their drawing skills. Great job Carrie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really happy you participated in this DSFDF because each of your submission are great including this one, even more so under 2 hours.

    ReplyDelete